Having been locked down for some weeks we can assume by now you’re well acquainted with your kitchen. Whether it’s beef bourguignon or beans on toast, the joy of cooking every night of the week is starting to wear thin. Cue Hope Pointing – group Chef and Certified Nutritionist at Way of Life – now host to your weekly cook-along.
Hope is streaming live every week from the @wayoflifeuk Instagram feed, demonstrating easy to execute, nutritious recipes for both adults and children. You can find the recipes and ingredients in advance in this article and during the cook-along she answers your questions as they come in whilst throwing in some extra tips and tricks for staying healthy at home.
Tune in every Wednesday at 6pm, live on @wayoflifeuk
Mediterranean Baked Feta
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 10 cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 1-2 tbsp Harissa paste (to taste) OR 1-2 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 block of feta cheese (or vegan alternative)
For the gremolata
- Handful of parsley, chives, basil (any fresh herbs you have)
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pomegranate seeds (if available)
- Begin by making the tomato base. In an oven-proof dish, combine the chopped tomatoes with the Harissa, balsamic, salt and pepper and taste – add in more harissa, seasoning or balsamic if you feel it needs it.
- Bake at 180C for about 15 mins.
- Once the tomato mixture has thickened and the flavours have been cooked and infused; place the feta and vine tomatoes onto the sauce and bake for a further 15- 20 minutes.
- While cooking, make the gremolata by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl and season to taste.
- Remove the feta from the oven once the vine tomatoes and feta are nice and golden. Leave to cool slightly and then drizzle over the gremolata and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve with steamed greens or salad and chunky bread.
Share with friends